Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What's Up Wednesday: It's Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone!  Be safe.  Sending hugs to all those affected by Sandy.
I have two more great granny squares done, but I am tired of showing those.  Here is a picture of the first twelve completed that I didn't share last week.  I still haven't decided on a layout of the quilt or even which blocks I will use since I have extra.

Not the final layout
Moving on, I started another project, basted a quilt and cut batting for future AAQI minis.

Baby chevron
Surely this baby chevron quilt top won't take me too long to quilt now that I finally have the backing and it is basted.

Batting ready to be used
While measuring the batting for the baby quilt, I went ahead and cut a stack of 10"x12" batting pieces to have ready for basting Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts.  Maybe this will speed up the process of finishing these minis.  I have a tendency to whip up a quilt top and then have it sit because I am too lazy to pull out the huge roll of batting (or my bag of leftover batting) to cut a small rectangle.

One of seven in Houston at the moment
Seven of my AAQI quilts are in Houston for the International Quilt Market.  If you are lucky enough to attend, stop by their booth in Row S and view the over 2,000 quilts and purchase one or two five.  It is for a very worthy cause!!!  They make great gifts for family and friends, especially quilt friends.  I would love to attend Quilt Market one day for no other reason that to see this booth!

Image from Amy's blog
For those of us not attending Quilt Market, there is Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Have you entered your quilt yet?  Today is the deadline, so get on it.  I love seeing all the lovely quilts and discovering new blogs.  Each year I vow to read and comment on every entry....I have yet to make it.  There are just so many.  Last time I checked there are 519 (think I am up to 100).  I'm not giving up on my attempt to read (and leave a comment) them all.

Future Christmas quilt
Yesterday, I took a break from blog reading and spent quite a bit of time cutting strips for a new quilt project.  Now that the cutting is finished, the fun part can commence!

What's up with you this Wednesday?  Hope you are having a wonderful day.
Thanks for stopping by,

6 comments:

  1. Baby chevron is really cute. I haven't quite read 100--so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! I'm working on a card and tag class I'm teaching on Saturday, teaching a couple of art classes this afternoon, and wishing I had time to sew today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm the last link on Amy's Bloggers Festival, and I am #529!!!! Crazy...

    The Granny Squares are lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granny squares are beautiful. I love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete