Saturday, July 30, 2011

Friday Finish

Well, this was supposed to be finished Friday, but I can't seem to leave well enough alone, so it took until just now (Saturday evening) to complete the pieced back for my son's SuperStar quilt.


I knew I wanted to use this one unused star and leftover batiks to piece the back along with a bigger piece of fabric purchased just for this quilt back.  However, when I pulled out that big piece of fabric, it seemed too orange (Gator orange would not be appropriate for a Seminole!), and I headed to the quilt store (OK, I know I said no more fabric purchases, but this was an emergency).


I found this "gold" (think Seminole garnet and gold) that I wished was available when I first selected fabrics....it would have made a nice star point for the front.  The yellow isn't as bright yellow as it appears in the pictures.  This second star will serve as the quilt label.


Here's my daughter attempting to hold up the quilt all by herself....where are my helpers when I need them?  Thanks Ally....you did a great job!


Here's another picture of the backing.  If you want to see the front of the quilt, you can read this post.  

Any last minute quilting suggestions will be greatly appreciated...a decision needs to be made tomorrow...eek!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! My goodness!!!!

    Go 'Noles ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. REne' it looks great! It is truly a reversible quilt - just as amazing on back as front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great backing. It must be pieced backing time. I have been working on a pieced back too. The gold is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the added stars- such a great quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a stellar back (no pun intended!). I really love it. What a great idea for the label. Really creative, Rene'!

    ReplyDelete