Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday!

Between internet issues and my twelve-year old daughter (who started her own-by invitation only-blog) hogging my laptop, this post is a little delayed.


It's the first Wednesday back home, and my plans are to get a much needed pedicure and run some errands before heading home to sew.  I did get all my unpacking, laundry and grocery shopping done yesterday!  Among items unpacked are the lovely fabrics shown above given to me by a good friend for my birthday!!!!  Notice the lovely handmade card and beautiful dragonfly fabric.


More birthday fabric courtesy of Mom and Ron!  Thanks to a generous "gift certificate" (i.e. cash earmarked for Gruber's) I went crazy in the Kaffe department purchasing prints and shot cottons and other random fat quarters.  I only had a few minutes to pet these lovelies (during a break in quilt retreating)  before they were boxed up and shipped home, so it was fun opening this package and seeing them again!!!

Now to run those errands so I can get to sewing.  How do you plan to spend your Wednesday?

Have an amazing day!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I bet it WAS fun opening your Kaffe goodies :) I've been busy finishing up Emery's quilt...only have the label to sew on now!! I was distracted by the delivery of my Farmer's Wife book ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday fabric! Happy celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. René, I was on here yesterday catching up with all your posts, and I was trying to comment. However, computers were not cooperating with me. It was either blogger or my crappy internet connection. Not sure which. But I'm sure glad you got home safe and sound. I know what you mean about being overwhelmed with trying to catch up. I had been traveling for about a month, too, and I am STILL trying to catch up. So, I can relate! I never got to see your lovelies purchased at Gruber's....they were packed up so quickly, I never saw them. They sure are great picks!

    ReplyDelete