Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Better Get Busy

When it comes to sewing and blogging, lately it seems I take one step forward and two steps back...
can't seem to get into a rhythm....but working on it.


Since the deadline is March 21st, I finally started working on our guild's Robert Kaufman solids challenge.  I've had an idea of what I wanted to do for quite some time, but never got beyond the thinking and planning stage.  Yesterday, I remedied that situation and cut into the RK charm pack, and since we are allowed to use some additional fabric, I also pulled out this Cherrywood fat quarter I purchased last summer.


This purposely isn't the best picture...but can you see where I am going with this?  I tried once before to piece letters (unsuccessfully), but this time I am using solids...and I have Word Play Quilts as a reference.
Surely I will have better results this time ;-)


Last post I hinted that our Orlando Modern Quilt Guild had exciting news about an upcoming workshop.
Does the above picture give you a clue?  Whee...I'm so excited that Lazy Gal Tonya aka Unruly Quilter aka Tonya Ricucci will be spending some time with our group!!!!!  I am a huge fan and can't wait to meet her in April.

However, there is one small issue...Tonya has asked to see my Liberated Amish Challenge quilt....
up close and personal.....eek!  


This is the picture I have in my header and how the Liberated Amish quilt top looked before my pitiful attempts at hand quilting scarred it.  I mentioned in this January post about wanting to resurrect this project, including ripping out all the quilting and starting over.

I actually took the quilt top (along with the seam ripper) to my son's track meet, but since there were what seemed like hurricane force winds and rain, I decided that wasn't the best time to pull it out.

For inspiration (and to refresh my memory), I reviewed the posts on the Lazy Gal Liberated Amish 2010 Get Together blog.  Has it really been over a year since I asked for (and received) help in quilting my JMR quilt?  I think it's time I took the advice given.

Like I said....I better get busy!

Have an amazing day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Rene', I admire the free piecing for the words and names...not sure if I would be up to it! Yours look great!

    I cut into my charm pack for our challenge this morning. It sounds like yours is going to be very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with your "challenge" piece - need to get ot work on mine too!

    ReplyDelete