Thursday, July 22, 2010

Recategorization

Recently Lesly wrote an interesting post regarding WIPs versus UFOs.  It's a wonderful post that got me to thinking about how I categorized my projects and also removed some of the guilt I felt about putting one project aside and starting another.   Now my sidebar reflects this distinction.  What about you....do you distinguish your projects in any particular way?  


Yesterday I received my siggy blocks from round two!!!!!  Julie and her friends did an awesome (and fast) job!  I don't think there are any duplicates in fabric.  In fact, I am amazed at the range of gorgeous fabric blocks I received.  I don't really know what I expected (as I still haven't received round one blocks), but I am thrilled with these!  Can't wait to put them all together in a quilt.


What fun I had going through all these 100 blocks, reading the names and locations and petting the fabulous fabrics!!!  I received one of my blocks...one from Julie...two from guild members...Mississippi, Alabama, and Montana are represented in the bunch...a blog I follow is also included....a follower...fellow Sew and Tell Friday-ers...

This round had more than 100 participants so not sure how Julie distributed the blocks, but it's almost like my blocks were customized just for me!!!!!!

I can't wait to get my round one blocks.  I hear they are on the way....time to stalk the postal carrier ;-)

Have an amazing day!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm just in awe that everyone is brave enough to list their WIPs and UFOs. My lists would crash my blog! The siggie blocks are really neat. Great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great way to look at my unfinished projects and projects in the works! I am going to use this to a list for my blog too. Love all those wonderful siggie blocks! How fun to read the names and places and imagine the makers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live next to Madison, AL where that one block is from. Does Michele have a blog? It would be funny to meet a fellow quilter who lives near me through a quilter who lives in FL!

    ReplyDelete