Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fun Finds

I miss many of the summer events going on in Big Sky because they usually occur after I'm gone.  However,  today I was able to attend the first Big Sky Farmer's Market of the season.  The day was another picture perfect postcard kind of day....blue cloudless sky....cool breeze....creative vendors....live music....neighbors chatting....kids running around playing.....BBQ, apple pie, adult beverages....and my camera sitting at home.


I spent a lot of time at JuJu's booth talking with Lorri about her fabulous upcycled clothes.  I wanted them all!  I picked out this skirt and tank top for my daughter.


The shirt is embellished with embroidery floss stitches and cute buttons.  The skirt is made from t-shirts including this one from Big Sky.  Each item is a "one-of-a-kind fashion statement that is oh-soooo-green!"  I love how Lorri and Chris take thrift store items and turn them into really cool clothing.  Go read their story....very interesting.


Aren't the tags great?  I love that the gear is made in Big Sky.  The back of the tag gives the creator's name of each handmade item.


You can't just have one JuJu skirt!!!!  They also make boxer shorts, but my son wouldn't let me photograph his ;-)


I also found a vendor selling cute baby items made with adorable fabric.  While I was browsing, Facebook informed me that my friend had a baby girl so I had an excuse to buy something ;-)  I enjoyed chatting with the creator of these wonderful gifts.  She gave me permission to post pictures on my blog.  I wish I had gotten her name.  She has two small children which means not much time for blogging {I tried to convince her}, and her business cards had not arrived yet.  Maybe she'll stop by here and leave her contact information ;-)


I chose this fabulous changing pad made with this lovely pink bird fabric backed with chocolate brown minkee.  Don't you just love it?!  My friend made her baby a quilt in pinks and browns so I think this will be perfect....and I don't have to deal with sewing the minkee;-)


I absolutely love this owl fabric!  It's a bed buddy, and I'm keeping it for myself ;-)  The instructions say to place it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and use for sore muscles.  Just what I need for those after-hike aches and pains.

I have done my fifteen minute a day playtime, but don't have pictures...maybe tomorrow.

Have an amazing day!!!



4 comments:

  1. I have one of those bed buddies that I use for my knees, and it's great, although not as cute as that one with the owl fabric. I love all the fun purchases you found, so unique! Sounds like a great market and perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rene'...you must always, always have a camera in your purse/bag, even if it's just a small point and shoot. I carry mine with me everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those finds! And your scrappy blocks with Heathers fabric are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite thing here today is that little owl pillow for sore muscles. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete