Thursday, November 10, 2011

I forgot to mention

a couple of newsworthy items!


At last week's guild meetingBeth won I came home with these liberated roses from our November block drawing!  Beth isn't a big fan of these blocks
Beth knew I wanted to win them, so after hearing her name called, promptly gave them to me after much whining from me, she caved and graciously handed them over ;-)

Pretty in Patchwork: Doll Quilts: 24 Little Quilts to Piece, Stitch, and Love

Lark Books donated the new Pretty in Patchwork Doll Quilts book to our guild which we gave away as a door prize at Wednesday's meeting.


I didn't win the Lark Book, so I consoled myself by purchasing these two books from the LQS right after the meeting.  I already have several projects in mind after browsing these.  The Modern Blocks book especially will come in handy for determining future BOMs...hmmm.....wonder if the guild can reimburse me for that one....



For tomorrow's Sew & Tell,  Amy is hosting a mini quilt challenge that involves giveaways!  Perfect timing as I need to make at least two minis - one for a swap and one for a challenge.

Off to the sewing room I go!
Have an amazing day!!

2 comments:

  1. I bought both the Pretty in Patchwork Doll Quilts and Modern Blocks books after I got home! Gotta check out the mini quilt challenge too. So much for laundry...or dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books are so fun to look through and plan!

    ReplyDelete