Thursday, September 22, 2011

Slow Day

It's been a lazy kind of day around here.....


....even my puppy dog is bored with the lack of activity in my studio.  Max came home from his weekly spa appointment (life is rough for him) with the cutest bandana!  I need to ask where they get their fabric...they've gone away from the typical novelty puppy fabrics and into some quilt worthy stuff ;-)


Our guild like so many MQGs is participating in the Habitat challenge using Jay McCarroll's new line of fabric from FreeSpirit.  Our guild asked each member to make a 10.5" block; the blocks will then be combined to make a charity quilt.  

I'm not loving my block, but maybe when combined with the other blocks it'll do.  After playing with the fabric for a while, I came to love that grape fabric I used in the center and the outer border, but by then I had lost what little quilting mojo I have run out of steam creativity.

Maybe tomorrow won't be quite so slow.....

Have an amazing day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - I have been very unmotivated to do any kind of sewing or sewing related project lately - at least you made something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the look of your block! our guild is also taking the challenge, but i am not participating. the fabric line was a little out of my comfort zone. it's nice to see what others are coming up with!

    ReplyDelete