Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pink Ribbon Mug Rug

Continuing in the theme of pink, I made a mug rug for my Pink Ribbon coffee mug.


Again, I am using fabrics from two different pink ribbon collections with some Flutterby thrown in.  The pink background isn't as hot pink and the other colors aren't as washed out as they appear in the photo.  It took me forever to make these few hexagons, and I still don't have the hang of it.    Sewing the fabric around the template seems easy enough, but the sewing them together and taking out the templates without distorting the shape I haven't figured out.  I think I need a personal demonstration. 


 This one's for me so I'm not too worried about it's lack of perfection.  I played around again with some FMQing and stitching around the hexagons.   The backing fabric is becoming one of my favorites.


 As I mentioned last year, this is my favorite coffee mug.  I have searched everywhere for them as I'd like to buy more, but can't find them.  I think I ordered them (only two....now I wish it were more) several years ago from a catalog.  The bottom of the mug says it is Arthur Court made for Neiman Marcus.  I love how the handle is a pink ribbon and the base is butterflies made from pewter.



I like the way it looks on my BRAND NEW LAPTOP TABLE (channeling Price is Right here)!  I actually assembled this all by myself!!!!  If you know me, you know this is quite an accomplishment! This took my allotted sewing time yesterday.  Since we moved, I have yet to find my spot to sit and browse Flickr and read blogs  pay bills, etc.  I think I've found my quiet place, but this table is on wheels so I can roll it wherever I want whenever I want.  Yeah me ;-)

If you haven't already, click on Monday's post to enter my giveaway!

Have an amazing day!!!

4 comments:

  1. what a nice mug rug, and a great idea, I must make a bunch of mug rugs for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! (And I'm impressed with your "carpentry" skills!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl! I agree love that fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute I love it!!

    ReplyDelete