Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Self-Imposed Exile

of Blogland (and Flickr, Facebook, Twitter) is over!  

I'm sure I am not the only one who gets distracted (but also inspired) by reading favorite blogs, clicking a link to discover a new blog, browsing Flickr, popping in to see what's up on Twitter and Facebook, but for a week or so I "grounded" myself because I wasn't getting my work done ;-)  


I did an occasional post because I didn't want anyone thinking I had disappeared, but that's all I was allowed ;-)  

I'm not really sure it worked, and I sure have missed the connection with others, so in the future I'll have to devise a different form of punishment ;-)

Now to see what y'all have been up to!

Have an amazing day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Haha Rene' I am totally in the same boat - I find that Flickr and my blogroll are wonderful tools for procrastination! I'm going to have to think about cutting myself off to finish a project that is looming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny...I was just sitting here telling myself that I would get a lot more done if it wasn't for this darn computer too! When I was a kid my mom used to say that if we spent an hour reading we could watch an hour of TV...maybe I need to apply a similar rule to quilting and the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. blogland distracting?? nah..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear what you are saying. I ended up cutting my Reader down to just a few of my favorite blogs (like yours!) and deleting the rest. It just was taking so much time just to even scroll through them, but I did love seeing so much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually cut myself off from the computer at a specific time. A half hour after I get the babies to sleep; works well for me.

    ReplyDelete