Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What's Up Wednesday: Back to Business

So.....where did we leave off?  Oh yeah, last time I posted was back in August some time, and that was from my iPad.  Since then I have spent 21 glorious days holding and getting to know my little grandson better.  Of course, it took me flying out to Washington and bringing him back to Florida with me, but I don't think he minded!  I did make two exceptions to my promise of 24/7 Leo time:  registering for QuiltCon and attending September's Orlando MQG meeting.  

Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts made by OMQG members
Now that Leo and his parents have returned to their home Far, Far Away, I am getting back to business.  It's a good thing that I have so much business to get back to because I think I will need that distraction.  

All these made by Michele at Nostalgic Cafe
I collected 11 Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts from OMQG members that need to be registered.  I am, after all, a goddess - a Temporary Goddess of Registration that is.

Leo had plenty of quilts for lounging
I shared Leo occasionally, for example, when family and friends visited or when registration for QuiltCon opened!  Who else is attending next February?  For what workshops and lectures did you register?  I am excited to attend with our OrlandoMQG officers and to meet MQG members from guilds all over!  My QuiltCon agenda is so jam packed with workshops and lectures that I can't remember them all.  I do know that I signed up for classes with Penny and Jacquie, and I can.not.wait.to.finally.meet.them!!!!!

OMQG members are generous with their talents

Since I only shared Leo occasionally, I did not get anything done in the way of sewing, reading, blogging, cleaning, cooking (except for our goodbye meal), writing or exercising (which I didn't mind skipping).  All these things can be done now that I don't get to have my time with Leo {sigh}...

Love these Christmas themed quilts for AAQI

As I mentioned, it's a good thing I have plenty of things to keep me busy and distracted.  Because I may not have enough projects already started, I pulled out my Cosmo threads and a scrap of denim to begin a new mini quilt.  

Start of a new project
Can you tell what will design will become of these french knots?  If so, you have brilliant insight!

I only took 500 pictures of Leo?!!!
So what's up with you this Wednesday?
See you tomorrow for Really Random Thurday!

6 comments:

  1. Leo is SOOO cute, Rene'! Priority for sure. Isn't it totally amazing how grandchildren grab hold of your heart and squeeze tight? I never get over how different it seems with them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Oh my, Leo is precious and I am laughing so hard that you "only" took 500 photos. What a proud grandma. It's fantastic that you spent all those days holding him. What else is there in life, really? Quilting can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leo is about the most adorable thing ever. Thanks for sharing! I'm so busy, I haven't really sewn much. Nice projects you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you had time to spend with your precious Leo. I look forward to reading all about your trip to Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leo is darling.
    And loved all the eye candy in the Alzheimer quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been fun to catch up with what you are up to. Little Leo is adorable!!!

    I'm loving the mini quilts....so much variety and so fun.

    ReplyDelete