Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Another Christmas Gift

As I've mentioned before, I finally settled on using leftover Picnic Parade coin blocks for my sister-in-law's quilt.



These are the blocks I have left over.  I also have a set of fat quarters from this line.  I just love this fabric.  I had planned to make a quilt for myself with these soft, lovely prints.



I got an idea from this quilt to do something different.  As I look back at the link, however, I realize it has turned into another something different.  I've been having fun just taking the leftover blocks, scraps and fat quarters...throwing in some KONA cotton...piecing...rotary cutting...and just seeing what happens.



My mom sent me these cute flower pins.  I had admired hers over Thanksgiving.  Thanks Mom!!!  Love you.

Have an amazing day!!!!


8 comments:

  1. Both of the quilts are interesting. I like the white, it sets off the blocks even more. Real cool way to show off some fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the hodge podge look...fun!

    The pear as a pincushion this time of year is awesome and so are the pins.

    Merry Christmas Rene' to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you just jumped right in on those blocks and made this, very creative...I liked it the first picture but this is more of a Rene original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to your blog via Dee's post on her blog about the wonderful package that you sent to her.
    What a clean, bright site you have here.....I think I'll bookmark it and come back when I have more time to take a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't go wrong with those colors...your quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Rene,

    Thanks for your kind words on my Christmas Quilt featured in Quilter's World. I should dearly like to see a picture of the quilt if you decided to make it!

    Your sister-in-law is going to be so thrilled receiving the quilt from you. And the pincushion with the flower pins looks darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that quilt you are creating. Anyone would love to receive it I'm sure.
    Those flower pins are probably the most common of our pins here in Oz so will willing post them to anyone who would like to own some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all those leftover blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete