Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello 2015!

Goodbye 2014!  Hope everyone enjoyed a safe and happy New Year's Day!  I don't know about you, but I am ready to start a new year.  Originally, I was not planning to do a 2014 recap because I'm not pleased with my lack of creating and blogging.

Quilty New Year card
Then I got to thinking about all the wonderful quilty experiences from 2014 and what I DID create.  Here's a quick recap (in no particular order):

Good times after a weekend of workshops
SewDown Nashville was a blast!  Four wonderful teachers, reconnecting with quilty friends and meeting new ones.

My spiderweb quilt made with the help of my MCM Bee buddies
Our Mid Century Modern Bee's second year was full of fantastic blocks, and my first completed bee quilt is my favorite finish of 2014!

One of my favorite blocks
I'm thrilled the Wish Circle of do.Good Stitches welcomed me to their group in February.  I have long admired this charity bee.

Collaborative quilt made for Doris
Hard to believe 2014 was the fifth year retreating with my friends at Gruber's.  I love these girls so much!


I attended several great classes and workshops in addition to SewDown.  Here I am hanging with Carolyn and friends at Bok Tower Gardens for Carolyn's Quilting Florida exhibit.

Me and Jacquie

It was fabulous seeing Jacquie again in Florida where she gave a lecture and workshop at a LQS.  Of course I attended both the lecture and workshop!  Can't get enough of Jacquie!

Love this one!

So happy my sister drove down for one workshop

Our OrlandoMQG brought in Victoria for two days of workshops.  It was an inspiring couple of days!

Destined to be my first finish of 2015
Joined others in Rachel's Angled Camp class as well as a pillow swap.

Heart warming to see children enthusiastic about sewing
Participated in Maker Faire Orlando where our booth won a ribbon.

Festival of Trees quilt
Our OrlandoMQG presented a collaborative quilt to The Orlando Museum of Art's Festival of Trees.

32 Dear Jane blocks pieced in 2014

I did not complete as many projects as I would have liked in 2014, but you can see a few shown on my quilty New Year card (first picture in post) and by clicking on the link on my sidebar.

Looking ahead to 2015, I am excited about...

Attending QuiltCon again.  This time my sister is going as well!



Gruber's retreat in Minnesota!

My sister will be sewing with the OMQG in 2015!
The OrlandoMQG's sixth year.

Continuing with the MCM Bee and Wish Circle as well as joining a new Sew Sisters Bee.

Participating in several sew alongs and online classes including, but not limited to, 12 Months of Christmas, Choose Your Own BlockAlong, Pile O' Fabrics Skill Builder and EQ University.

Of course, I would like to finish more projects and be a  consistent blogger.
Whew!  This turned out to be a long post.

 Thank you for continuing to stop by and an ever bigger thank you to those who leave comments ;-)))
Happy New Year!!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! It's been such a busy December- I'm so far behind on blogging, but oh well…it's for fun, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Rene!!! I'm so glad that you did a recap post. It was nice to be a small part of your quilty year! I'm so glad we get to sew together every summer. It's one of my highlights. I'm so impressed that you started dear Jane! It's looking great! Happy new Year, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent recap. I was so happy to meet you at Sewdown Nashville and am looking forward to seeing you again at QuiltCon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a lot last year!! Keep it going In 2015, I'm hoping to do more quilting this year and I can't wait till quiltcon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great year!!! I am happy you did a recap post too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just tired reading what you have achieved. I guess those retreats help motivate you! I hope to go on retreat one day...... QuiltCon will be fab! Lots of photos please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! You had a very creative 2014! So busy and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting see your re-cap and hopes for the new year, Rene'. Your enthusiasm is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading year-end posts as it is so satisfying to see the happiness people have when they write about their lovely projects. You've been beyond busy (must have millions of airline miles!) with retreats and classes and good times, so I'm amazed that you were able to do so much. Here's to another excellent year!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete