Monday, January 19, 2015

Choose Your Own BlockAlong 1/19/15

Happy Monday and Martin Luther King Day!

Dear Jane Block K-3
I spent a little bit of time already in my sewing room this morning which felt good.  It's been too long.  My sister drove down Saturday to attend our OrlandoMQG Sew Day, and we had a nice time sewing together.  More on that tomorrow.

Block K-3 was rotary cut and machine pieced.  All strips/squares are 1" cut and .5" finished.  Tiny!  Happy that I found another block that didn't require paper piecing or appliqué.  I cut into my new Carolyn Friedlander Doe fabric for this one!  Love it.

33 blocks made


I am going to make only one block per week for a while.  The blocks are getting more difficult and there are other projects I need to work on.  This Dear Jane is a long term quilt goal for me.  No rush.


Last week instead of working on DJ blocks, I played around with adding my blocks to an Excel spreadsheet.  This exercise took WAY longer than it should!  I placed the completed blocks according to the Dear Jane book.  Because of my random pick of fabrics per block, I will be laying my blocks out differently.  Still working on that arrangement.

How are y'all doing with your projects?  Thank you so much for leaving comments and encouraging me along the way!  It helps a great deal knowing others are interested in my progress.  Linking up with Live a Colorful Life.
Happy stitching,

3 comments:

  1. I love it! The Dear Jane quilt is a journey for sure. Not to be rushed, but enjoyed. It's taught me so much already and I have a long way to go. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking so great Renee. . Love it

    ReplyDelete