Monday, September 15, 2014

Choose Your Own BlockAlong 9/15/14

Welcome back to our Choose Your Own BlockAlong!

Block B-13
This week I pieced two more simple Dear Jane blocks.  I know pretty soon I will need to move on to the more complicated blocks as there aren't many "simple" ones to begin with.

Block D-13
I love using these gorgeous, modern fabrics in quilt block patterns originally made in 1863.

8 down; 117 to go

Here all eight blocks together.  Don't forget to leave a comment if you're playing along (or even if you aren't!!!), visit Michelle and Cindy to see their week's progress and link up here with your post.

Thanks for stopping by,


5 comments:

  1. Your blocks really are gorgeous! Love seeing them all together so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great modern take on a traditional pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! I like what you said about modern fabrics in a pattern made in 1863 - love that connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see your take on these blocks using modern prints. I like them! Though I've never made this quilt, I've followed several quilters who have, and the differences are always fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be fun to see all these blocks come together with the modern fabrics.

    ReplyDelete