Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Finish: Geeky iPad cover

In a few weeks I am participating in my first Maker Faire.  My friend Kathryn asked me to join her and two others to form Geeky Chic which will have a booth at the Maker Faire Orlando.

geeky fabric for sure
After a recent Geeky Chic meeting, I was inspired to purchase this geeky themed fabric at my LQS to make an iPad cover.  I followed Amber's tutorial which I have used before.

iPad with keyboard cover
The case is quilted and also lined with a sandwich of batting which makes it really soft and padded.  I like that the size allows for the iPad with keyboard cover.  Velcro secures the flap when not in use.

velcro closure
I believe the outside fabric is a Riley Blake and the flap is Zen Chic.  I am posting this while out of town and don't have my selvages handy for reference so not absolutely positive.





We will not be selling any items at the Maker Faire, but rather demonstrating various techniques.  If you are local, I urge you to check us out at the Orlando Science Center on Saturday and Sunday, September 13 and 14; if you're not, check to see what Maker Faires are in your area.

Linking up with other Friday finishers at Crazy Mom Quilts.
Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

  1. That is a great fabric! Wishing you all the best for the Maker Faire.

    ReplyDelete