Monday, January 9, 2012

Making Room

There's been some major rearranging, organizing and decluttering going on in my sewing room to make way for that new machine and fabric gifts I was telling you about!


This shelving unit now sits atop (rather than side by side) the bigger shelving unit to provide more floor space.  I think I need to do a series of Adventures in....it's not as easy as you think to lift a bookcase 5 feet up ;-)  If you notice, I left two cubbies relatively empty and ready for that new fabric!



I was spoiled with a very generous gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop which allowed this purchase of fabric that includes a Moda Snuggles pack, Riley Blake fat quarters bundle, and Sarah Jane Children at Play in cotton and flannel.


These lovely fabrics were on sale and are already earmarked for quilts.  There's some yardage of Amy Butler Lark and Valori Wells Karavan that I have had my eye on for a while.  


Here's the after picture which the fabric nicely tucked away.  Nice eye candy, huh?


My new machine...can I just say I. LOVE. IT?!!!   
My husband did good.  I gave him some general requirements suggestions, and he took it from there ;-)


 I have only had a chance to use my machine to make two blocks for our guild meeting so far, but I am very impressed by how smooth and quiet it is.


These spool blocks from Modern Blocks were quick and fun to make, and a great way to break my new machine in.

I am anxious to finish a quilt top so I can see how my new machine quilts!
Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

  1. Looking good! I love all your new fabrics. Your new machine is really smart looking. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a ton of fun! All that fabric shopping is always a happy time, but even more fun when you can use it on a new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna love your new machine I have a Juki too(ust like yours) and I love it! I still have my Janome but it doesn't get used much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek, that's the exact machine I'm putting all my extra pennies toward. What a great reason to do some decluttering and organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowzers! you have done a lot! and your new machine?!! lucky gal!!! have fun sewing with that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Rene'!!! You must've been a very good girl! ;-)

    Can't wait to see all of your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun. I'm anxious to hear more about that machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics and the Juki. If you run out of quilt tops, I have about 20 you can play on! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new machine! That's so exciting. I love your open shelves. I would like to have some open shelves for fabric storage in my sewing room, too. I keep all mine in plastic tubs and it's such a pain to get at. It's easier to buy more. LOL.

    ReplyDelete