Monday, April 25, 2011

Gifts

I haven't talked about or showed pictures of a gift I received and a gift given this month.


This needle book was made for a friend as a gift that was long overdue.


As with the one I made for my sister, the tutorial can be found here.  This one I made a little bit smaller.  (The top picture was taken before I had a chance to center the black felt.)
 I have a feeling I'll be making more of these, as they are quick and fun to make.


For some reason I cannot fathom, fellow OMQG member Kathryn decided to give away her Robert Kaufman Solids Challenge creation to the first commenter on her blog post.


Her loss is my gain ;-) !!!  The quilting was done on her new Innova long arm machine.  It's hard to believe this is the first project she quilted using her new toy.  I really like the design she quilted and thinks it is perfect with her interpretation of our challenge.


Kathryn may not have liked the way the runner looked on her dining room table, but I sure like the way it looks on my coffee table!!!!!  Thank you so much Kathryn.  I am honored to display this in my home.

Gifts (given or received) are a wonderful thing, aren't they?!
Have an amazing day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute needle book. I love the fabrics you chose. The quilting design on the table runner is fantastic. Wouldn't it be fun to have a long arm machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the needlebook.
    The table runner is definitely a gain-can't believe she would give it away. What an amazing job with the quilting-I can just picture her future projects if this is a first.

    ReplyDelete