Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hope

Others, more eloquent than I, have blogged about the devastation in Haiti.  I have been touched by all the ones I have read, and I know there are many that I have not seen.  Here are just a few of the many posts that have inspired me:  Jacquie who is auctioning her Neighborhood quilts and matching the amount to donate to The Red Cross; Susan who reminds us that "God is in the face of every person who reaches out to help the people of this devastated land" and suggests ways to help;  and Craft Hope who has set up an Etsy Shop to sell items donated by crafters like you and me with all the proceeds going to Doctors Without Borders.

Craft Hope for Haiti Shop Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

In addition to the generosity of crafters who have made and donated their items for sale, the generosity of the purchasers of these wonderful items have allowed the Craft Hope for Haiti Etsy shop to sell 162 items and raise $4,000 in its first 24 hours!!!!  Awesome and amazing!!!

There are many that need our prayers.  If you are one who believes in the power of prayer, I ask that you include in your prayers a prayer for Lee Strickland who is one of the missing Americans last seen in the Hotel Montana, and for his wife Jean and fifth grade daughter Kailey who are obviously worried about his welfare.  Thank you.

Have an amazing day!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you again for your generous purchase / donation to the Craft Hope shop and for your validation of my work. I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rene', you've been nomiated for the Lemonade Stand Award on my blog. Bless you and keep the happiness going!

    ReplyDelete