Friday, January 1, 2016

Goodbye 2015.....Hello 2016!

Happy New Year my friends!!  
It's the time we reflect on the past year and look forward to a new one.


I don't think I will ever be satisfied with the number of projects completed in a year, but 2015 wasn't too unproductive.


Finishes include six quilts, five pillows, nine pincushions, two passport holders and one sew together bag!  Twelve months of blocks for three different bees were also made as well as various guild blocks and "special needs" blocks.


I was fortunate to attend Quilt Beach and QuiltCon 2015, sew with good friends at our 6th annual Gruber's retreat, join in Crafty Tuesdays, enjoy the OrlandoMQG activities, and participate in 52 Quilters and the Good Neighbors Pincushion Party!


For 2016, I hope to be way more productive than at least as productive as 2015.  I also look forward to attending the OrlandoMQG Special Exhibit at QuiltFest, taking classes with Lee Monroe, Gwen Marston and Christa Watson, attending Glamp Stitchalot in June and Gruber's retreat in July and learning new techniques through Mighty Lucky, Tribal Block Club and Rachel's Color Theory series.
  

Sadly absent in these 2016 quilty experiences is QuiltCon West but I am super excited for QuiltCon East in Savannah 2017....I have the odd years marked on my calendar...



So what's your favorite finish of 2015, and what are you looking forward to accomplishing in 2016?!

3 comments:

  1. I love your Dresden quilt, of all your finishes in 2015! And I am seriously considering making a quilt to enter into a quilt show here in Australia! That would be a first for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really accomplished a lot! Those are some great goals too. I, too, have Savannah on my calendar. I love the idea of Rachel's color theory project but January and February are my crunch months and I won't have the time to dedicate to it. Oh well, maybe another time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you had a fabulous year of finishes, and it looks like you have great things planned for 2016! I'm so glad that I will be sharing lots of your quilting experiences this year :-)))

    ReplyDelete