Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Finish: Quilter's Planner Cover

I love planners and tend to have more than one going at a time.  Yes, I know they say that's not the best way to stay organized, but it "works" for me. 


I ordered the Quilter's Planner which came with a nice tutorial for a cover by Stephanie and Amanda. If you search the hashtag #zippynotebookcover on Instagram, you will see a variety of amazing covers!


The best feature of the cover is the zipper pocket on top for holding pens, small rulers and other tools.  The only zipper I had on hand long enough was a plain white one, but the beautiful Carkai and Architextures fabric by Carolyn Friedlander more than makes up for that!  


I even had a blingy teal elastic strip in my sewing supplies.  The elastic can be wrapped around the planner to hold it closed when not in use.  The picture above is a better picture of how pretty the elastic looks even though this is not how it is used.


 There are pockets on the inside flaps as well as a business card holder.  I love the "measuring tape" ribbon that serves as a bookmark.

This counts as my first finish of 2016 and I am happily linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts!

Hope your 2016 is off to a wonderful start!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous first finish of 2016!! Love your cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cover. I saw it during your periscope at sew-in earlier today but couldn't get a good look at it. Looks great and I love your tape measure bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one of these planners but have yet to get started with it. I'm terrible at actually using a planner. Maybe a pretty cover would help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover is terrific!! I love the fabrics, and that cool pouch for holding the pens. You are quite an inspiration to get this going so quickly in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is great... is this an online tutorial, I had ordered a different planner before I saw this one, but I'd love to have a cover like this for it!

    ReplyDelete