Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stitchin and Flippin

As I mentioned last week, our guild hosted two full day workshops with Jacquie Gering.  During the second workshop we learned Jacquie's Stitch and Flip technique. 

Jacquie's WIP

I really enjoyed seeing Jacquie's latest quilts in addition to quilts from her book, especially this one.

Love this quilt of Jacquie's
You can read more about the workshop here and see additional photos from the workshop on our Flickr page.  We had a full house and our members were working on a wide variety of prints and solid backgrounds.

Christmas tree?  Star?
I brought red squares and Christmas fabric scraps with a Christmas tree or wreath in mind.  Jacquie played around with different layouts, but after awhile it became apparent to me that green fabric for the background would have been a better choice than red.

progress
When I went home I decided to go in a different direction with my Christmasy stitch and flip blocks.  I fussy cut this cute Christmas llama from Laurie Wisbrun and went about stitchin and flippin.  I think I this will work better.  

Christmas llama

Wonder how many Stitch and Flip show and tells we will have at our next guild meeting?!!!

discussing important business  over dinner
The guild board took Jacquie out to dinner at a new to me Italian restaurant that served the most fabulous Limencello cake ever!!!  I was good though and didn't take any food pictures for a change.  I might need to go back and see if that cake tastes as good as I remember.

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy stitching,

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rene. Looks like a great time! Her quilts are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the llama with your flip blocks. Very fun. And it's nice to know you liked the workshop with Jacquie. She will be teaching at our modern guild in February. Really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete