Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's Up Wednesday: Fabric Stash

Not much going on in the sewing department around here, but today I pieced the backing for my Green Peace quilt so I can ship it off to a friend for quilting.

Paradise - Studio e
Originally, I had a different idea in mind for the backing fabrics, but then found these Studio e fabrics in my stash.  I think the greens and the black in the Paradise prints will go nicely with the green solids and black print fabric on the front.  The colors are not accurately represented in this picture.  They look better in person.

Madrona Road
Our OrlandoMQG meeting was today, and we had a full house.  Guild member Mary Sorensen gave a great lecture on the ins and outs of pattern designing and publishing.  I did a little bit of fabric shopping and also picked up my Michael Miller/Madrona Road challenge fabric.  

Photochrome Petals
My friend Julie gave me a collection of her new fabric, and I happily purchased some more while at my LQS.  I have a project in mind for these colorful prints.  I love seeing her name on the selvage!

Linda's version
I only had my cell phone with me for picture taking, so didn't attempt to photograph the wide array of show and tell, but I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures though of two quilts from our workshop with Carolyn Friedlander.  Check back later on our guild's website for better pictures.

Michele's version
I also took a picture of Leslie's Madrona Road challenge quilt.  I love her shoofly blocks!

Leslie's challenge quilt
I hope you had a wonderful Wednesday!  Thanks for stopping by,

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Madrona Road Challenge! All I can say is, "It truly IS a challenge." I'm glad to be finished with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Wednesday! Yay for getting a back done so it can go bye-bye for a while! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these pictures! Your Peace quilt is amazing! Thanks for shariing all these with us. Such quiltey goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The OMQG is such a talented group. Have fun with Madrona Road and Julie's fabric. I'm still petting mine.

    ReplyDelete