Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blocks and Strings

This time I have quilt related pictures to share:

"normal" cross block
wonky cross block

Our guild has started a Block of the Month program, and first up is a cross block.
These two are practice blocks.


Since I was giving the how-to demo to our guild on spiderweb blocks, I decided I better learn how to make one myself ;-)  Not bad for a first try!  This tutorial (which is based on this one) was indispensable, and I highly recommend it.
I love finding uses for my leftover Amy Butler fabric!


The three liberated coin strips are completely pieced and ready for sashing.  

I picked up some dark gray fabric at The Sewing Studio for the coin quilts' "background"...



...as well as a gorgeous purple color for a future string quilt.

It feels good to be back ..... sewing AND blogging!

Have an amazing day!!!


6 comments:

  1. Have fun with your spiderwebs, Rene. They are kind of addictive ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty eye candy! Wow.

    Glad you're back to and that things are better now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh - your liberated coin strips are wonderful! Those are great collections of solids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all beautiful! Esp. your liberated coin quilts. Love those solids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your liberated coin strips! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh - liking that spiderweb block...now you need to show me how since I missed the meeting...I can always do the tutorial but maybe in person with vino sounds better!

    ReplyDelete