Friday, March 5, 2010

Sew & Tell Friday #20

Another Friday has arrived, and I still haven't read all the Sew and Tell posts from last week!

Mine will be short.  I don't have much to Tell as I haven't been Sewing much this week.  Been busy decluttering to get the house ready to put on the market.  My studio is too clean!  I can't work that way!


I finished this mini Liberated Log Cabin that I made last month when I was just playing around with some solid fabrics.  Its purpose was for practicing my hand quilting while waiting around in doctors' offices.



I started off with hand quilting only, but ended up doing both hand and machine quilting.  I'm not sure if you can really see the stitching.  I used a King Tut variegated thread.

Check out all the Sew & Tell links over at Amy's blog.  I'm headed there myself.

Have an amazing weekend!!!


12 comments:

  1. I can see the stitches, they look great and so do the liberated logs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and that thread is to die for. Did you do your hand stitching with it too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combo of hand and machine quilting. I saw that recently on a large quilt, and I really love the two different textures that are created! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive on the hand stitching! gorgeous colors in that too!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitches look great - very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I LOVE the colours and the quilting is fab! I can't tell how big it is - you say it's a mini, but how big is small?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the thread you used. Pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your hand quilting is gorgeous!!! great finish. i love the way the variegated thread looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely quilt, Rene', particularly the colors and simplicity. I'm glad you listed your blog at LibQuilters Yahoo Group--that's how I found you here.
    Kathleen C. in CT (from LibQuilters)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours and how you have textured it with your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the textures you have in your quilts. (I still think about the little lace peeking out from a few posts ago) They make me want to start handquilting things! They really are just absolutely beautiful, just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice--I love making little things like this. I have a lot more room for these doily kinds of things than full blown runners or hanging. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete