Monday, August 7, 2017

EPP-ing

I am back to making my english paper pieced/applique Happy Flower Blocks.  I purchased Deborah's adorable thread pooping unicorn which conveniently arrived in time for hexie making!

Day 1 - notice the thread pooping unicorn?!
For our guild's Cre-active Club Challenge I need to have 75 of these blocks made by September's meeting; that's #4 on my list.  I love these blocks so I am happy to have an excuse a reason to work on them.

Day 2
My friend Stephanie offered EPP thread advice at our retreat. Now the stitches that connect the hexies to the black center square are less visible.

Day 3

Mary Sorensen, needle turn appliqué expert and lucky for me OrlandoMQG member, helped with tips on stitching the EPP block onto my background squares. I was embarrassed hesitant to show her my blocks, but her advice was worth the risk...ha! Now those stitches are less visible.
Day 4

When making my list, I thought one a day would be doable.  However, the month of July got away from me which means I pretty much need to make two a day to reach my goal. Yikes!
Day 5
Over the weekend, my daughter and I went away for a girls' getaway.  Hard to believe my baby will head off to college in less than a month! While away I did find time to whip up some blocks.  

Day 6

Stitching them onto the background squares will have to wait for another day. 
Day 7
If I am going to reach my goal, I need to pick up the pace!  
Thanks for stopping by,




2 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks Rene! I think it's time I started another EPP project! There are some wonderful patterns and ideas out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such cute blocks, I love epp, and am currently making ice cream soda quilt blocks. Mine will be a long slow stitching project.

    ReplyDelete