Monday, August 3, 2015

Pretty Patchwork

It's the third day of August and I already have all but one of my bee blocks finished for this month!
Wish Circle blocks for July
Kirsten requested red and white nine-patch checkerboard blocks following Rita's tutorial for our Wish Circle at do. Good Stitches bee.
These need a bit of pressing.
RPQ's method produces two blocks, one light one dark, and the instructions are spot on.
I found myself making more of these blocks, playing around with different fabric combinations, and quickly became hooked.
These come together quickly
I'm Queen Bee this month and have requested them from my Sew Sisters Bee.  Those friends that are also in my MCM Bee will appreciate an easier block from me this time around!

There's something about a square and simple patchwork!  Love it!

Happy stitching,

6 comments:

  1. Great blocks! I'm looking forward to making this one, and then figuring out how to make Mary's Union Jack block (so late on that one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on having your blocks finished! Really cute! There's a lot to be said for a simple block sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm unfamiliar with Rita's tutorial for these! Thanks for the link! I can see why they can be quite addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P patch blocks are one of my favorites. So easy to make and fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see traditional blocks in modern fabrics. We're just advancing the quilting cause standing on older generations. YES.

    ReplyDelete