Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Finish: Book Nook

This makes three Fridays in a row that I have a finish to share.  Yahoo!  Book Nook is another project from the book Sew Organized for the Busy Girl that comes together rather quickly.

This is a big pillow.
 I must confess though that I was a bit surprised at how large the pillow finishes.  Of course it says right there in the book 26x26.  I guess since I had recently made the pin cushion I expected it to be a little bit bigger than that but not much.

side by side comparison
You can see by this picture the size difference!  Makes sense though.  The book nook is designed with a large pocket to store books and possibly a stuffed animal.  The stuffing is such that there is plenty of give and squishiness for the child.  (It has been tested and approved by Max!)

quality control tester
The pillow was originally intended for a baby gift, but that's OK.  I know a cute toddler that will love it!  Unless I change my mind before December, this goes in the Twelve Months of Christmas stash.

Bear not included....ha!
 Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.  Have a fabulous weekend my friends!
Thanks for stopping by,

4 comments:

  1. I like it very much! I need to finish my fast now, it seems perfect to hold pet as well 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just calls Daniela's name. I may need that book now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies do grow quickly, or make another just size it down a bit? It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Leanne- scale it down for a baby gift! I think I might need that book too! Stop making such great things from it....😃

    ReplyDelete