Monday, March 17, 2014

Mini Monday: Pencil Roll

How is it March already?  Hope you are enjoying St. Patrick's Day!  

colored pencil roll
I have a quick finish to share today.  This pencil roll (pattern from Pink Chalk Studio) makes a quick and easy gift.  

optional flap

stitching with Aurifil #5011
I used scraps of colorful fabric for the pencil dividers, Field Study by Anna Maria Horner in home dec weight for the exterior, natural linen for the pocket, and quilter's linen for the flap.  

all rolled up
Aurifil #5011 is the perfect color thread for stitching on linen and makes a nice stitch line on the exterior AMH fabric.  A button and ribbon are used for the closure.

Like I said....a fast and fun gift to whip up.  
Thanks for stopping by,

8 comments:

  1. I bet you had lots of fun picking out fabrics to match the pencils. I know I would have. Its a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great Rene! It would probably work for knitting needles or crochet hooks too! Do you have a recipient in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, and how you've shown us to just whip-it-up. I like it lots, but wouldn't want to sew one for the 24-color pencil set I use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, and just up my art teacher alley! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the matching colors for the pencils. Cute.

    ReplyDelete