Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Quilty Goals

I'm a little late with the resolutions, but I found it difficult to focus on goals with my hand in a cast and sewing off limits for the near future.  However, now I'm home and my spirits are lifted by the idea of wearing short sleeve shirts which work better with my cast than ski jackets and sweaters.  
{I am ignoring the below freezing warnings issued for the next couple of days.  My friends in the north have it much worse. }

Word for the year
Once the cast is off I have quite a bit of catching up to do, but once that is done, there is a list of projects I am excited to work on.  I am anxious to continue working on my spiderweb bee quilt and finally complete my cowboy/cowgirl quilt that has been a WIP for way too long.

2014 goals
As much as I love the instant gratification of Instagram, I miss my blog reading and want to reestablish that routine.  I'd like to create more gifts for friends and family and quilts for charity this year.  I have a list of specific quilts I want to make and a couple of patterns to be written.  I am super excited to attend Sew Down Nashville.

what the what???
Now to get this blasted cast off.  I was so relieved to learn I could travel over the holidays that I didn't even ask about recovery time.  I will find out soon enough as I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed as I can't cross mine ;-)

sweet Leo
I have a long list of personal goals which of course includes spending lots of time with this guy!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are finding some time for stitching!

10 comments:

  1. Leo is so precious! I sure hope your hand heals up quick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of goals. I wrote my list on a post-it-note. I don't want to feel pressured (self imposed). I want to enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand!! What a bummer! But hopefully you'll be good as new very soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the doctor gives you good news and you can start on that list of goals real soon! Leo is so adorable and looks very cute in his Santa hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew glad you were able to spend the holidays having fun with family! Hoping the doctor gives you good news tomorrow!

    You've always been an encouragement and inspiration to me with all you do!

    Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilty goals, yes. But I see more travel in your 2014 too. Good for you to be going to Nashville! I understand your frustration with the cast and inability to sew. I am the same since my leg procedure. Can't wait to be 100 percent again and be at the machine as I want. Here's to much sewing, for both of us, in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun list! Hope you get the cast off soon so you can resume your quilting passions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'd probably be surprised how much quilting you can do with that pretty pink cast on your arm....I was when I had mine. Happy 2014,,,you have some lovely goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your goals are much the same as mine; including getting back to blogs. I've been catching up this week and I love it all over again! I do hope you heal quickly, and that pic of Leo is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I thought--AAAGH! Resolutions!! Goals!! ACK ACK!! But then I read your post and realized that you and I have some of the same--shall we call them--inclinations. I, too, want to reconnect with some of the blogs I used to read. I, too, want to make more gifts--and certainly more Christmas gifts (I'd better start now in case I get sick again next Christmas!). And I really like that "make quilts from a specific list." I found myself just jumping willy-nilly onto projects, without looking through my stash, thinking about my own hopes and designs, and quilts I wanted to get done. That is such a good resolution.

    Thanks for this post--
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete