Monday, September 20, 2010

Amy Butler LOVE

I have started and rejected so many quilts with my Amy Butler LOVE fabric, you wouldn't believe.  So with Amy hosting the Amy Butler Sew and Tell Challenge this Friday, I thought this would be a great opportunity to try again.


These squares represent one of those rejected projects.  I'll still use this in some future project, but


for my most recent attempt at cutting into my LOVE fabrics, I chose this Kaffe Fassett quilt as my inspiration.  


I bravely cut these 8 inch squares from my Amy Butler stash, and


now have a nice pile of selvages to put in my selvage basket.


I plan to use various shades of teal blues, greens and purples around the blocks.  These three are all I have completed, and it doesn't look like I'm going to finish in time for Friday, as my son and I hit the road tomorrow visiting college campuses.  At least Amy's challenge inspired me to cut into my fabric instead of just looking at it on the shelf!

Have an amazing day!!!

1 comment: