Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Finish: One Little and One Big

Happy Friday!!  Today I have a small, quick finish to share and a not so small and quick quilt finish.
 

First up is this cute pincushion made with trimmings from my Chawne Kimber small piecing class at QuiltCon. You know the trimmings are small when the actual block is less than one inch!

I included the pin cushion in our guild raffle basket along with lego sewing machine and other goodies from my sewing room.


Next up is a quilt finish that I have been working on in between other projects and finally completed when I had a specific recipient in mind.


Here are some progress shots.


Using my favorite Aurifil thread (2600 in 50wt) and my longarm, I quilted organic horizontal lines across the quilt.  Every so often, I changed the thread to red, yellow, blue, green, and purple (didn't write down the thread numbers) and quilted a color line.

The backing is a Carrie Bloodstone wide back; the binding is a black graphic from my stash.



This quilt was shipped to its new owner last week...hoping she likes it!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great stichy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt finish is just fantastic!!! I'm sure that the recipient will be thrilled! I love the quilting that you did on the quilt....you can't go wrong with Aurifil 2600. :) I also love your pincushion but I think you already knew that. ;) have a great weekend! xo

    Thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--what a great heart quilt! I love the blending of the background into the "background" which really sets off the rainbow colors. Great job, also, on the teeny pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the heart quilt Rene! The lucky recipient is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some GREAT photos along the way!! Your quilt's recipient is sure to LOVE that quilt. The carefully planned rainbow stripes within the heart make it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally catching up with blog-reading and i missed his post. The quilt is absolutely beautiful. Lucky E!

    ReplyDelete