Monday, November 5, 2012

Mini Monday: More Color

I guess I should name this the AAQI Tree as I seem to photograph all my Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts here.

Hanging out
Another Monday, another mini quilt made.  The background fabric came from Pink Chalk Studio as part of their  Charming Solids club.  It's Mod Century Tweed Texture Red by Jenn Ski.

Variegated thread
 The squares and rectangles on the top are scraps of linen, solids, and shot cottons.  I randomly layered and placed them on the Tweed Texture, made a quilt sandwich and quilted straight lines using King Tut variegated thread at the same time securing the scraps to the top.

Floral backing print
The backing fabric is from my stash.  According to the selvage, it's "Fernhill's Hollyhock Dolls and" something ;-)  All that's left is to attach the binding and then it can be registered.

I haven't been doing as much sewing as I have been planning and thinking about sewing...you know what I mean?!

Happy Monday!   Thanks for stopping by,

11 comments:

  1. So cute! Congrats on your BQF nom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...what a great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Love. This. I am going to buy it! ;-) You will have to help me know when you submit it and when it goes up for sale! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This has got to be my favorite!! Too bad Stephanie has dibs on this one ;-) You have such an eye for color and design!! Well done! And congrats on your well deserved nomination on your BQF entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, each one is incredibly beautiful and unique...a lot like the heart of the woman who makes them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this too! Great texture created with the applique and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! (Both front and back).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really fun...and a great backing fabric. Wish my stash gave me background fabrics like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, front and back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work as usual.

    ReplyDelete